1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    no interest in becoming a cheese head?

2. LittleLakePhil

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    And here I am with all my friends......I wonder if I should turn the lights out?

3. kwhites634

kwhites634 Father Time Premium Member

We've considered it, quite seriously, in fact, but we've been in this house 42 years, with 42 years' accumulation of "stuff"...I don't relish the idea of packing it all up. Besides, it's too blasted cold for too blasted long, even in southern WI. On top of that, the only people I really know there are all extended family, all still working (except one), and can't go hunting or fishing at the drop of a hat like I can. The best fishing is in the larger lakes and requires a boat to fish them effectively. I gave my son half interest in my 17' Bass Tracker, but I won't take it out alone...too much that can go wrong.

4. LittleLakePhil

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    I hear you....just wondered...
    I've tried to talk my wife into moving closer to our kids. She's determined to for in Little Lake. Not because she grew up here she grew up in the city. When I met her she swore she wasn't going to ever get married. Well she made it to the ripe old she off 15...:lau.....and she was never going to live on the country....Well we live in the woods. And I guess that's where we're staying....I'm headed off to bed...talk later whites....I'll get some ice fishing pictures for you yet my friend.

5. chicken hawk 33

chicken hawk 33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2015

6. kwhites634

'Nite, Phil...I'm right behind you.

7. kwhites634

Last one out the door kill the lights.

We gone!

8. LittleLakePhil

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Yeah well I'm back up....got to use my nebulizer real quick lungs quit on me

9. LittleLakePhil

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    Lights out.....

10. daxigait

daxigait Overrun With Chickens

Aug 10, 2015
    SW Missouri
    @Sally SunshineI hope they don't need heat. Do they? She said they had their feathers.
    @BejammieCongratulations! I was worried and disappointed for you when I read about the temperature spike so close to hatch on eggs you bought. What are they? Any pictures?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by