INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ur-ur-ur-urrr

Ur-ur-ur-urrr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2015
    Somewhere in MS
    @fire370... more dog pics as requested.

Max:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bella:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sure I have more pics on my camera that I haven't transferred to the PC. Sorry, I don't have action shots of my dogs... [​IMG]

I thought this early morning pic turned out pretty cool...

[​IMG]

2. the jolly onion

the jolly onion Chillin' With My Peeps

Ur, you have got a beautiful doby on your hands! Those pictures are adorable.

3. the jolly onion

Wait, just saw that you have TWO beautiful dobies! Well played, sir. I love big dogs, though myself have a cattledog mix now. My best friend growing up had a doby named Lance, and SOMEDAY i will have enough land that i will be able to get an irish wolfhound. Aaaanyway. Lovely pictures.

4. Ur-ur-ur-urrr

Ur-ur-ur-urrr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2015
    Somewhere in MS
    Thanks, jo! They're the biggest babies (literally) I've ever seen! They think they're 5 lb poodles!!!

5. speney

speney Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Ok I have question for all of you I was wondering if any of you make you own feed? I'm thinking of making my own feed I'm becoming a lot more health conscience since I had my son come to me but even w him going back to his mom I'm still going down that road I know I will have him back soon enough and even with my nieces and nephew I want the best diet possible for them and I think it starts with the feed we feed are animals are kids don't have the farm like we did raising all are owe veggies and my aunt did all the meat. I'm hoping for a soy free gluten free organic or as close as I can get to organic feed. For the higher protein I'm looking into duck weed with a 35-45 percent protein level plus grains and such what do you all think?

6. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Go Habs Go Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    scflock is a jokester, as well as a good hatcher. He comes around occaisonlly.

X2 :lau

Sally! :rant

7. fire370

fire370 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2015
    SC Kansas
    Thanks!!! I have always thought dobies were beautiful dogs. So sleek. I have never owned one though.

8. the jolly onion

I used fermented feed for awhile and have debated about going back to it. Perhaps in the summer, but truthfully it SMELLS HORRIFIC and im not sure how id keep it from freezing in winter. I cant really tell you how to make chicken feed from scratch, but im really good with human food. Im 5 years cancer free this upcoming February, so ive completely changed how i eat. My birds eat a lot of my leftovers, so that intake is super healthy, and get my garden scraps. Right now they eat the mash from my local co-op. Lots of soy, and ive been wanting to change their diet like i said, but thinking come spring ill hunt for local, non gmo, soy free food stuff.

9. fire370

fire370 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2015
    SC Kansas

Nope. I have all of mine delivered bulk from the feed mill on a diet that I gave them. It's not organic or anything special, it's chicken food. I've got well over 200 chickens and it's just not feasible. 35-45 protein is a lot. Is that where you are wanting to end up on final protein count?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  10. Bejammie

Bejammie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Guys my yellow chick died suddenly. Anyone know why this would happen?? It hatched normally....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by