INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch

Age is but a state of mind. Where there is no mind, there is no aging. Works perfectly! Merry Christmas, again. [​IMG]

2. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    Do hatching eggs increase the temp by a huge amount? My bator has been steady for the past 19 days - NO huge fluctuations. I am using that one for lockdown. We locked it down at about 4 pm today. It's been fine, staying right around 98 - 100. Humidity right around 70% Went to bed at 1. At 4:30 I got up to check and it was 102 and humidity was down to 25%!! For the humidity to drop that low, I think the temp had to be high for a while. Are these eggs toast?

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Crossing the Road

Aug 23, 2012
    Lol, I just got online, kids already flew through gifts and destroyed the house I just cleaned. I made almost all the foods the past two days, so crock pot and heat ups in the oven so not much here on my end but watch the kids play and destroy some more. i get up early everyday and I do most of my chores then and late at night, I found it works alot better when you have kids. I dont have any projects going on right now so I am bored as crap too. And I dont really watch TV I am more a listener.

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    they should be fine just get it figured out now. its cause you upped the humidity but that dont make sense if you ran out??? how did it run out so fast? no pips yet?

5. kwhites634

Don't know what to tell you. Instructions that came with it don't address that problem, I suppose? [​IMG]

6. kwhites634

Could be the controller has a short [​IMG]

7. chicken hawk 33

chicken hawk 33 Songster

Nov 4, 2015
    Ok,here it is I still don't have pips or movement.there still alive but can't see in the olive or bcm egg,and today is day 21.the one light brown eggs still has big bold blood veins and the one has barely any

8. kwhites634

What a novel use for garden rakes! Make it yourself, or buy it like that?

1 person likes this.
  9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    but the other image I sent will fill your avy, that one dont fill it.... and cant read it or see it.

your temps were low the first 5 days remember CH? If any hatch they will be late because of it.

10. Jessimom

Jessimom Cats Rule Dogs Drool

Aug 21, 2009
    Southern California
    No pips yet. I had the channels at the bottom filled, plus a bowl of water and my humidity was like 90, so I pulled out the bowl of water. Now I have the bowl back in and it's slowly raising the humidity. Temps holding at 99 now, and humidity is still rising, but it's showing 50% right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: