INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
she called in sick....she's sleeping now....after crying and puking all night....Me I am tired and took enough pain meds to numb an elephants behind....I'll be okay....
lau.gif
Sleeping is the best thing after all that. Hope she wakes up all better.
fl.gif

Just be careful if you have to drive any distance. My boss takes 3 Morphine tabs every day, and I honestly don't know how he functions. Built up a tolerance to it or something...
idunno.gif

I can tell you, I've always counted the following day as day 1. Never seen that link you posted but it counts set day as day 1. Which is wrong in my opinion. 21 days is guideline. Some come early, some come late and some just don't come at all.
I totally agree.
thumbsup.gif

Think about it... how can it be day 1 if it hasn't even been 1 day? That don't make sense... kind of like wiping before you poop... it don't make sense!

@Jessimom congratulations on. Your silkie. How has the rest of your hatch gone? I am over 300 behind and am going to skip.
Good morning!! I had so much fun last night! We have a total of 5 hatched.. They started out slow, and got faster during the night. The first hatch was 4 pm, second 10 pm, 3rd 2 am, 4th 3 am and 5th 4 am. When I got up the next time at 7, I was expecting 3 more chicks! .

No new pips, but I'm going to leave them for a few days.

Unfortunately my daughter was with her dad for all of this. But, I was lucky enough to film 2 of them hatching.. Should will be coming home today, so hopefully a few more will hatch that she can watch.

They are all dark, only the first one looks like a buff/black mix.

I should move the 5 over to the brooder and quickly clean up the shell mess, correct?

Thanks again everyone!! I'll try to not be so obsessed on the next batch!

Good morning!! I had so much fun last night! We have a total of 5 hatched.. They started out slow, and got faster during the night. The first hatch was 4 pm, second 10 pm, 3rd 2 am, 4th 3 am and 5th 4 am. When I got up the next time at 7, I was expecting 3 more chicks! .

Unfortunately my daughter was with her dad for all of this. But, I was lucky enough to film 2 of them hatching.. Should will be coming home today, so hopefully a few more will hatch that she can watch.

I should move the 5 over to the brooder and quickly clean up the shell mess, correct?

Glad you made it through. Out of coffee yet?

I totally agree. :thumbsup

Think about it... how can it be day 1 if it hasn't even been 1 day? That don't make sense... kind of like wiping before you poop... it don't make sense! 

I can tell you, I like to watch animals be born but I don't have the time or patience to sit and hover. It'll happen whether we are there or not. Very very seldom do I assist chicken hatches anyway. Most of the time I have so many eggs cooking that couldn't remember which one pipped and when. If they make it, great. If they don't, wasn't meant to be. Chickens were hatching long before incubators.

ya.gif

Awesome!!! Now you won't have to put the 1st chick with the older chicks! YAY!!!
celebrate.gif

It's your call on moving the chicks to the brooder. You'll lose valuable humidity in the bator getting the chicks out, but if they're good and dry, and you do it quickly enough, the last eggs should be okay. Just get the humidity up as quickly as you can if you choose to open the bator. Damp sponge or paper towel should help. Just remember, those chicks will be fine for 2-3 days without food or water, so you can safely leave them in the bator while waiting to see what the other eggs are going to do.
wink.png

I can tell you, I've always counted the following day as day 1. Never seen that link you posted but it counts set day as day 1. Which is wrong in my opinion. 21 days is guideline. Some come early, some come late and some just don't come at all.

exactly, so why are all those aps doing that?
hu.gif
its not a big deal for me or you, but I would love to find a more detailed ap or page that helps people calculate it
cool.png
even if I need to go to HOURS of incubation... I have too much on my mind reading all these backposts... I will forget what i wanted to search for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom