1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRUrbanFarmer

PRUrbanFarmer Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2015
    nope, she got the incubation! you just need to do that candling and pulling bad eggs so they dont bomb her and the others! How is she doing on them? she is still getting off to eat well enough?
    I wouldnt move until they hatch! what I found is that they stop setting then! wait until they are out and finished then move them all !

Thanks! She is doing awesome. She comes out once a day to eat. Then spends the rest of her time sitting. She even happily adopted another egg, one of our other hens laid.

I'm completely new to this. Candle after the first week, right?

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Good Momma hen! day 7 yep then 14 and around 17-18 and if you cant see in at least do the sniff test! you know how to candle? if not here is a link to all the notes from this thread and such, see the candle section!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

3. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

4. kwhites634

kwhites634 Father Time Premium Member

Here in MD signs aren't required to post property; the property owner can paint a blue stripe on the tree trunks. Guess they got tired of replacing shot up signs.

5. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I like that idea! much better to look at than posted signs too!

6. Chaos18

Chaos18 Minion King Premium Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Slowly Losing it......
    Problem is signs and spray paint only work on those who follow the law.

Would definately be better to look at.

7. kwhites634

I love bacon & pork chops, but I won't have a hog around me because of a story my grandpappy told me when I was a kid. He said if a cow went down to calve, a hog would root up inside of her, pull the calf, eat it, and kill the cow in the process.

8. shahtir101

shahtir101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2015
    I think another serama egg is going to zip soon. Starting to wiggle and chirp more!

9. kwhites634

Just like gun laws!!!

10. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom Premium Member

I'm debating about having someone mail me some blue egg layers and silkie eggs and try incubating??? Thoughts??? Saris says she has eggs or did at one time lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by