INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Yep, just had one in my last set of Calls... smaller than a dime though... but it was a clear too... maybe they had a hiccup when it was forming? :gig

Of what? And which set? :lau

Calls are done for this set... still have a couple of Ohiki that might hatch, I dunno for sure cuz those are on their own, lol...

One last batch of Calls due the 16th...

2. chicken hawk 33

chicken hawk 33 Songster

Nov 4, 2015
    I'm confused

3. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds!

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I wrapped my knock off with this insulation, before I got my Brinsea. It helped alot to keep temps more stable, and humidity too.

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch

About what?

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Crossing the Road

Aug 23, 2012
    lmao!! yeezus woman! do you have pics of the ohiki I would love to see them again, can you tell us more about that breed Rav? [​IMG]

on whut son?

SWEET WV![​IMG] and looks pretty as heck too! great idea! [​IMG] you like the thermostat?

6. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds!

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Eh... Lol! Actually, it wasn't bad, until it went bad. On day 18 of a hatch!! I never determined if it was the thermostat or the heater itself, I bought the Brinsea. But I may fix it some day to use as a hatcher. I had bought it used from a local fella.

7. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    oh NO! did you loose that hatch? you didnt do that since I know you did you and I missed a post? that sucks big time!

8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    anyone know how the HAL is going? any major issues with anyone? lotta great hatches?

9. Ur-ur-ur-urrr

Ur-ur-ur-urrr Crowing

Oct 24, 2015
    Somewhere in MS
    As long as it has a good thermometer and (especially) heater, insulation won't matter. If you could see how thin the plastic bottom half of my incubator is, you'd swear it was a piece of junk. The egg turner isn't much better. The top is made of a heavier acrylic, which is pretty sturdy. If the bator has the first two things I mentioned, it will work great without insulation. My bator is in a room next to a window, beside the door that gets used to go in and out of the house multiple times daily, and across the foyer from the laundry room and a bathroom that always fluctuates temps, especially this time of year. I had a couple of pretty good hatches in mine so far, and the bator seems to be getting more steady with each use. In other words, I wouldn't put much stock in the insulation properties of the case... it's the heater and controller that makes or breaks an incubator... IMO. Just my 3c...

^ see above ^

10. Ur-ur-ur-urrr

Ur-ur-ur-urrr Crowing

Oct 24, 2015
    Somewhere in MS
    I only know of one... [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: