INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guys I just got a new job so my time has pretty much evaporated. I cant candle today, but its day 18. Im upping humidity to 70, took out the turner this a.m.. and im locking down. Laid the eggs on their side, anything else I need to do????

Depending on your incubator I think you lower the temp a little. It should be around 98 degrees if your incubator has a fan.

Guys I just got a new job so my time has pretty much evaporated. I cant candle today, but its day 18. Im upping humidity to 70, took out the turner this a.m.. and im locking down. Laid the eggs on their side, anything else I need to do????
if you aint got time, that link is posted below now good luck!!!

I need to head out the door to work . ck in on you later . good luck watch and its what we do .
frow.gif
good afternoon BYC

What do you'll do.?I'm sitting here playing a chirping video and some are moving
Nuttin, go about normal stuff, looks like your doin what I said cuddlin your little, what is her name?

can we get a shot of her widdle cute pink snout? please???

Last edited:
Yeah, go to work & don't worry about them; they'll do just fine on their own 'til you get back, and beyond. Good luck with the hatch & new job.

LOCKDOWN!
Stop turning, Remove Turner and Raise Humidity to 65% - 70%
depending on what your air cells may still need

NOTE: It is now known that the different embryos communicate with each other by a series of clicking sounds,
the rate of clicking being the important feature. Ensuring the eggs on the hatching trays are in contact with each other facilitates
the synchronization of hatching where the eggs are incubated in a modern machine. This assists in reducing the time between when the first and last chicks hatch.

After Day 18 candle you will “LOCK DOWN” your eggs. Lower the temperature see suggest temps below and increase the humidity the last three days. STOP turning and the incubator stays closed, for the next three days while the chicks hatch! If you’re having a hard time with humidity it is OK to open quickly to boost, add warm water or increase the size of the pan or add a wet sponge. NEVER ADJUST HUMIDITY BY cutting back airflow. VENTILATION is EXTREMELY important at this stage!

Researchers have found that lowering temperatures will prolong incubation,
HOWEVER it is favourable to do so at the end of incubation.
Day 19 & 20 Temp Min 98.0 Max 98.5
Day 21 Temp Min 97 Max 98.0

for more information please refer here:
PAGE 42

http://www.hubbardbreeders.com/media/incubation_guide_english__030374800_0945_07012015.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom