INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Well, I just set more of the silkie eggs. And she gave me one larger brown egg. Not sure what that is..lol will have to ask, she was on her way out of the state when I went to get them..not back yet.
    Anyway, set them the 30th..so due the 20th..right on my birthday. Although, had a few hatch early last time, and one on through to the due date.

Sally, it's so good to have you back. Mostly because we know that you are doing better! Love me a crazy chicken lady!

1 person likes this.
  2. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch

Well, your HAL is over now; you know you're always welcome to jump in there whenever the spirit moves you. Now you'll have me jumping back & forth constantly....gotta love it [​IMG]

3. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Crossing the Road

Aug 23, 2012
    sweet!!!!! hmmmmm Hey @Cynthia12 isnt there a few that give a pretty pinkish purple like egg?

and remember I just set again as well!

I have YET to do the hours thing, I guess I am not that serious of a hatcher [​IMG] I posted when I set, y'all can figure that out for me eh? I was never too worried about when they will exactly hatch as to why they wouldnt hatch lol
    oh dont ask!! ask later, a surprise egg!!!! and I also Love me a crazy chicken lady!!! [​IMG] now I pray you are entering at least that foodie contest!!! [​IMG]

4. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    By the looks of your post count, you need to jump more anyways [​IMG] ya know, meet new people, get around a bit

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. kwhites634

kwhites634 Slow hands & an easy touch

I swear Sally's middle initial must be "H", for Helpful. I've tapped her brain more than once in the past several months; her experience, along with a few others who frequent this forum, is legendary, and very much appreciated.

1 person likes this.
  6. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    LOL your silly, its actually not H or S for silly its A for Ann as in...... Sally ANNENABELER Sunshine [​IMG]

7. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    :frow

Popping in since an empty bator seemed to mysteriously fill up again yesterday, lol...

[​IMG]

These are all Call duck eggs so they'll be due on Thanksgiving Day... oops... :gig

1 person likes this.
  8. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    sweet!!! [​IMG]how long will those littles be laying? all winter? That is a ton of call eggies!

9. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    I will check back in with y'all later, I have to work on finishing up the livingroom while I feel up to it! and the weather is gorgeous!!

10. slrose24

slrose24 In the Brooder

Aug 16, 2015
    i have cream legbar eggs on the way, not sure how many yet, but as many as i can get. i will probably incubate some barnyard mixes from a friends farm (ive taken to calling them 'brown haven' eggs, ha!. i am using a little giant with a fan and no turner. i can a hydrometer/thermometer to use and the the incubator should be calibrated from my last (poor) hatch. tomorrow the eggs are shipping and i will plug the incubator in then. the temp im going to keep the same 37.5 C but i would like to work with a lower humidity.....my last hatch was between 50-60 % with lockdown being 60-70%, there were also a couple very high spikes when i tried to adjust the humidity up for lockdown. this hatch i want to try 35% throughout and 50-65% on lockdown. i just devised a little 'manual' egg turner for my self that i am hoping will help me keep the humidity even. i thought i could move the cartons from side to side of the lids (like in the first and second picture) and fill the rock filled lids with water to keep the humidity i desire....that way if it goes to high i can remove the lid and replace it with a dry backup

any thoughts on if this will be efficent?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: