INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwhites634

kwhites634 Father Time Premium Member

I see that, now [​IMG]

2. kwhites634

18* here...invigorating. Not getting to freezing today...looks like winter's finally here.
    I realize our weather can't compare to that some of you have to endure...I feel for you.

3. kwhites634

@chicken hawk 33 Where you keeping Kiko out of the cold?
    How cold is it there in LA?

4. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil True BYC Addict

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    I just feel for my poor ducks. But they seem to be okay. I haven't checked on them yet. I'll go out soon. Don't want to open the door to their pens too much.it seems to stay somewhat warmer in there.

5. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  6. mirandaleecon

mirandaleecon Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2014
    Panama City, FL
    I'm cold here in the 30s! I don't remember how I survived when I lived up north!

7. kwhites634

Ducks must be pretty hardy. I don't pretend to know much about ducks (or anything else, depending on who you;re talking to), but I'm sure wild ducks have oil in their feathers from their diet. Do domestic ducks have the same on a commercial diet?

8. Laurel Meadows

Laurel Meadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2014
    Ohio
    Morning, Sally! Wow looks at all those pretty eggs :) Glad they're doing so well!! Can't wait to see those babies [​IMG] My young'uns are on their second snow day off today. They're just waiting for it to warm up a little so they can go outside and build a snow fort [​IMG] My shipped eggs are due to arrive today I'm worried they froze for sure (3 degrees low last night). Ive bought from this same breeder before so I know they will be packed and wrapped well in bubble wrap, and I'll let them warm up slowly, but I'm not expecting a good hatch with these. Have you hatched any that were frozen before?

9. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

10. kwhites634

I'm also watching you...makes for a pleasant start to the day [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by