INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chicken hawk 33

chicken hawk 33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2015
    perty,very small.I will be getting serama,Silkie,and Turken eggs.to set in my new fixed up bator

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  2. shahtir101

shahtir101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2015
    Congrats on fixing your bator! I love all of those breeds! They are on my must hatch list. You will LOVE the Seramas, if any hatch.[​IMG]

3. chicken hawk 33

Nov 4, 2015
    u want to see the some of the parents of the eggs I will be getting.

4. hippiestink

hippiestink Chillin' With My Peeps

I have an old picture from when we first got our BSL. At the time, we only had a d'Uccle, Dominique, the two Sex Links, Columbian Wyandotte, and a Holland.

[​IMG]

5. shahtir101

Jun 11, 2015
    Of course! I love pictures!

6. shahtir101

Jun 11, 2015
    I really like all of those breeds. Especially the d'uccles. I have my favorite roo and my favorite pullet together. I had to downsize[​IMG]

7. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel
    Sorry to say, but once you have it is almost impossible to get reed of it! No cure, the one that survived will stay as carrier that infect any new chickens, the virus can stay in the are fir years! You cant disinfect everything! What should you do:
    0. You should cull any infected bird.
    1. You should practice a restrict biosecurity policy.
    2. You should, if you can, practice the method if " all in all out" when you change your flock. Do you know the basics of an effective quarantine? ( the rule of "40:40"?)
    3. You should vaccinate your new chicks.
    4. There is breed that are naturally mor resistant to MD like the Fayoumi, you can choose them.
    See this link:
    http://www.jarvm.com/articles/Vol4Iss2/Duguma.pdf
    5. You should raise,if you can one turkey with your chicken, the turkeys have a virus
    Related to the MDV that don't infect chickens but do make a cross vaccination to MDV in chickens( it is the virus that his used in the vaccination!)

Good luck

8. hippiestink

hippiestink Chillin' With My Peeps

No longer have the Dominique, he was a nasty roo and my grandfather in law ate him.

9. chicken hawk 33

Nov 4, 2015
    [​IMG]the serama [​IMG]the Turken witch they also have a frizzle hen in there also.[​IMG]and the Silkies all colors and also some frizzles

10. shahtir101

Jun 11, 2015
    That looks like an awesome assortment! How is Kiko?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by