INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't hold them under! Just gently hold them by the head and quickly dip their beak into the water. They will put their heads up to swallow. Do it once to each of them. When 1 gets the idea, they will all watch and do it too.

Three more hatched in the bator...when they fluff I'll move them to the brooder (which is 95 degrees right?)

One of the hatched ones was the one I was worried about so yay!! Now if those white leghorn and bcm eggs would just hatch lol

Im so Happy they are all healthy so far!!

Ha ha ha you should have seen what happened when I put a pecky serama roo in with our big brahma, he thought he was gonna king forever, it only took a few days for the big boys to realize that little guy wasnt so big
lau.gif

Haha that is awesome! they are so small that i just don't want to throw them in there, I think I am going to work on the new coop this week or next week, I might make it so that If i need to tI can split the coop in half for two groups, its big enough that i could probably have two trios in there, I am pretty sure that my little frizzle that I hatched for the Halloween hatch along is a little cockerel but i have three hens, so i can split them up if i need to if nemo ends up being a roo
They will drown

Not if you just do it for a second. Once you dip the beak they know to drink

Good evening Ms Sally
hugs.gif
thing is you see us little guys are closer the business end of thing .so them biguns should be nervous round us .
gig.gif

Good eve K I have missed you!
hugs.gif
did I mention that?

poor CH had 4 chicks get what looks like legs hocks stuck in the bator wires and rip them up and possible dislocate see post #4311 and I cant communicate with him to help him, I am not sure if he wants to cull the 4 or try to strap the legs. I can help him strap them if he wants to try. but again he has to communicate and do it. I have the post HERE on how to do it. post #4174 and a post or he needs to be told how to hold a scissors and do the deed quickly. maybe you can help?

Last edited:
Three more hatched in the bator...when they fluff I'll move them to the brooder (which is 95 degrees right?)

One of the hatched ones was the one I was worried about so yay!! Now if those white leghorn and bcm eggs would just hatch lol

Im so Happy they are all healthy so far!!

depend on the heat source. If your using a light 95 under the light is good make sure its constant before you put them in there .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom