INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! I hope I can still join in! I currently have 2 bators running for hatches due 11/20 and 11/22 with a total of 14 eggs set. I got a great deal on a Brinsea mini for $25 bucks and it is at full capacity with 8 shipped black copper Marans eggs and the hygrometer. I am hoping for some quality breeding stock out of this hatch to add to my existing blue copper breeding prospects. We really also wanted to hatch some from our existing mixed flock too- so I was able to talk my husband into letting me get a Hovabator on sale :) and each family member chose a hen we wanted a baby from. So we have 6 in there. They are all covered by our silver laced Wyandotte rooster. So there's a slw egg, 2 barred rocks eggs (Chicks should be black sex-links), 2 Easter eggers eggers, and a black sex link's egg. Should be a fun mix! :)

I love mixes, especially EE mixes!

New problem. I put it in the egg turner, and when it's turned the farthest to the side, water is spilling out of the vent holes in the corners, and I have a lake on my counter. What the heck? Are my wells to full? Well, obviously. How full should they be?

And here's a random pic of my BCM roo, just because he's gorgeous, and I love him. Even though he doesn't love me. Ignore the speckles on his back, he jumped under the scratch when I scattered a little.

Last edited:
New problem. I put it in the egg turner, and when it's turned the farthest to the side, water is spilling out of the vent holes in the corners, and I have a lake on my counter. What the heck? Are my wells to full? Well, obviously. How full should they be?

And here's a random pic of my BCM roo, just because he's gorgeous, and I love him. Even though he doesn't love me. Ignore the speckles on his back, he jumped under the scratch when I scattered a little.

I'm thinking the instructions say no more than two-thirds full. Or maybe there's a fill line?

And your roo is gorgeous.

ok so I was wondering if anyone could answer my question.. So I have a steal her incubator and I was wondering if I went and bought a little handheld battery operated fan and put it I in it if it would work the same as a circulated air incubator

Awesome what breeds

8 silkies and 2 cross breeds... Dad is an Ameraucana/Cochin and 1 mom is a Black australorp and the other mom is probably a production Rhode Island Red... would that make the 2 chicks Easter eggers? These two ladies are my best layers... That's one good thing about hatching eggs in the winter, you're most likely hatching your best layers' eggs...

First group should hatch 11/20, the others 11/22. Not the greatest pics but here are a few...

This is our slw roo Thorin Cluckenshield (for all you Hobbit / lotr fans...)

Some of our layer flock who we are hatching eggs from

Some of my blue copper and splash copper young'uns in the grow out pen.

Great name! :clap

ok so I was wondering if anyone could answer my question.. So I have a steal her incubator and I was wondering if I went and bought a little handheld battery operated fan and put it I in it if it would work the same as a circulated air incubator

Probably if installed correctly, I wouldn't try to add one mid incubation unless you're super sure about what you're doing. I would add it for the next hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom