INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Identical twins, actually. Avatars don't lie...
lau.gif

no I 'm better looking

Hi goinginblind! :frow  
I am not sure what exactly your asking, why are you seeing yolks?  are they not coming out of the shells on their own is this what your saying? your in the process of assisting? sorry I am just a bit confused.  The black may well have been bacteria, that could have come from washing eggs, bacteria in the bator, other eggs, incubation temps and so forth. 

Sorry or confusion no im not seeing the yolks on these ones just the on the 1 that died this morn. So far all ive done to these ones is open up the pip hole big enough or me to monitor them since they weren't making timely progress. They internally pipped lastnight & externally pipped first thing this morning & have been siting like that ever since they have made no attempts to try to struggle free at all & the membranes still seem to have good blood veins running throughout them or I would be helping them out. Thanks for replying

no I 'm better looking
and I was told you give really good hugs!!! which I have yet to understand but that wouldnt be the first time I dont understand something! and no snide remarks from the peanut gallery

Sorry or confusion no im not seeing the yolks on these ones just the on the 1 that died this morn. So far all ive done to these ones is open up the pip hole big enough or me to monitor them since they weren't making timely progress. They internally pipped lastnight & externally pipped first thing this morning & have been siting like that ever since they have made no attempts to try to struggle free at all & the membranes still seem to have good blood veins running throughout them or I would be helping them out. Thanks for replying
ahhh gotcha! sounds like if your humidity is up, you should have them out sometime by morning. if not you should def be starting that assist. external to zip can be up to 24 at times. and of course!

Welcome to the group, keep us updated! I am headed to bed soon! but I wish you the best and I hope to see you post them pbabies in the morn!

Last edited:
Hello all. I saw this forum & am interested in being apart of it. Also on the other hand I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone can help me with if possible. Ive got 7 babies that have internally & externally pipped & have been this way all day with no further progress. Im not worried about helping them out of their shells ive done it with 3 other chicks I had in my other batches my concern is that they all still have good blood veins showing on the membrane & its been about 24 hours since the majority of them internally pipped. Anyone by chance have any thoughts on what I can do or how much longer I should give them. Im also wondering if it could be a problem with the yolk sacks, in the early stages of incubation the bator got up to 106 I thought I had killed them all but decided to hold off on tossing them glad I did but the edges of the yolk seemed to be darker than the rest during the rest of incubation. This morning ! of the babies died so I checked it out & it still had a good bit o yolk sticking out but also it was black halfway black on the inside o the sack. Not sure what to do these ones seem ok they are breathing & chirping fine they just aren't even trying to come out past the openings they have.

I had some issues early last year when using a cheap incubator that malfunctioned. My turkey poults developed until about 3 days before they should have hatched, then began to die in the shell. The membranes were very thick and rubbery, the yolks were hard around the outside and like you said it seemed they could not absorb it properly. Some of them were also very sticky with glue-like fluid. None of these zipped, though many did make it to internal pip and some to external pip.

Regardless of these challenges, if you can see blood vessels, they are not ready to hatch. Nothing you can or should do but wait. Pip to zip can take a long time, 18-24 hours is not unreasonable. Once they start to zip, though, it should progress fairly rapidly.

Last edited:
I would think if there were blood veins in the membrane, they aren't ready to hatch. They typically draw in the blood from the veins, and absorb the yolk before trying to break out. Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom