INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh! Waiting for a chick to hatch is so...PAINFUL! I've been keeping busy with the boys, the 4yo actually opened the bator [AHHHHH!!!] when I was dealing with the baby. He was sooo excited to tell me about the egg he saw hatching "mom! the beak was sticking out!" that I just melted and forgave him. Curiosity is good. I did explain about how it could hurt the chick though and how we will not be doing it again. Then I went with a hot mister bottle and misted the bator to pop the humidity back up. ANYWAY. 12+ hours now since I found the pip. Driving me insane! He's the only pip too (DAY 20). I have the brooder set up, and my spouse went to pick up some heat lamps and chick food. Come on chickies, please all hatch! pleeeeeeease!
yippiechickie.gif
FIngers crossed for you, I get the whole kid thing!!! I got four boys, its a wonder that anything survives in this house. Keep us posted on your pips!!!

Well then! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

LL

I love the markings, and am taking a guess here that those little legs will get ticking on them. Cute!
I will have to get on tomorrow to check in and see how many she had. And, see how tired you are. And see if you stayed awake for eating turkey and pie.

Argh! Waiting for a chick to hatch is so...PAINFUL! I've been keeping busy with the boys, the 4yo actually opened the bator [AHHHHH!!!] when I was dealing with the baby. He was sooo excited to tell me about the egg he saw hatching "mom! the beak was sticking out!" that I just melted and forgave him. Curiosity is good. I did explain about how it could hurt the chick though and how we will not be doing it again. Then I went with a hot mister bottle and misted the bator to pop the humidity back up. ANYWAY. 12+ hours now since I found the pip. Driving me insane! He's the only pip too (DAY 20). I have the brooder set up, and my spouse went to pick up some heat lamps and chick food. Come on chickies, please all hatch! pleeeeeeease!
yippiechickie.gif

My husband has done that. He has also taken a newly hatched chick out while others were pipping so he could be the first to show me! Never interested in the animals except at the wrong times!! My kids have known better for years. Your 4 year old will soon be a pro and teaching the younger one all about it.
wink.png

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 BOY 5 GIRLS !!
post-23576-aflac-dancing-duck-pigeons-vic-RU0j.gif

Now watch me whip whip
Watch me nae nae

Now watch me whip
Watch me nae nae
Now watch me whip whip
Watch me nae nae

Next RN is on duty
lau.gif

hit.gif
DOA

You see the snuggle bum liver white on the right? this was a breech DOA no placenta or sac with it.
Misty couldn't revive on her own, my husband was freaking out and grabbed it and asked me
if I am in shock or what. I think I was actually. He handed it to me, I took it, cleared its air ways and nostrils, I got nothing,
not a movement, kept trying and trying and rubbing and doing pup cpr and I finally got that
big open mouth. I kept that little sweetheart with me for an hour and every time she quit I
started over again, and I finally got her to the point of steady breathing and she got a good
suckle on my finger, you see whites, all she needed was good loving hand to help her
enter this world. This was the first time I had one like this. I dont want another. The umbilical issues
suck, but this sucked worse. I was thinking about how easy it would be, to be at work and
not be here and not have the stress of this and let things go naturally.
Glad I took my path, cause I love my puppies!!!
and love the happiness and joy they give to the families I send them to!
love.gif

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving!

1 BOY 5 GIRLS !!
post-23576-aflac-dancing-duck-pigeons-vic-RU0j.gif

Now watch me whip whip
Watch me nae nae

Now watch me whip
Watch me nae nae
Now watch me whip whip
Watch me nae nae

Next RN is on duty
lau.gif

hit.gif
DOA

You see the snuggle bum liver white on the right? this was a breech DOA no placenta or sac with it.
Misty couldn't revive on her own, my husband was freaking out and grabbed it and asked me
if I am in shock or what. I think I was actually. He handed it to me, I took it, cleared its air ways and nostrils, I got nothing,
not a movement, kept trying and trying and rubbing and doing pup cpr and I finally got that
big open mouth. I kept that little sweetheart with me for an hour and every time she quit I
started over again, and I finally got her to the point of steady breathing and she got a good
suckle on my finger, you see whites, all she needed was good loving hand to help her
enter this world. This was the first time I had one like this. I dont want another. The umbilical issues
suck, but this sucked worse. I was thinking about how easy it would be, to be at work and
not be here and not have the stress of this and let things go naturally.
Glad I took my path, cause I love my puppies!!!
and love the happiness and joy they give to the families I send them to!
love.gif

Ya done good, Kid! I assume she's done? Good looking litter. Glad you saved the one; just too bad it was necessary to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom