INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! come HATCH, LEARN, & Chat! w/hosts, Sally Sunshine & BantyChooks

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Sally Sunshine, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    :hit you are soo mean!! I'm lookin up that mama heating pad now and weakining like a.. a.... Hatching addict!

2. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

:smack

I agree!! Plus she is undeniably herself... no excuses, just real...

I also like Evanescence... :)

3. FriAndRoo

FriAndRoo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2015
    Texas
    2 weeks in tomorrow on my first try at using an incubator! Mamma chicken (mostly) hatched the last little fluff ball, but out of 14 she only had one successfully hatch, and that was after raking out her nest and me bringing it in and putting it in the incubator... So this time I'm trying on my own. Set 9 eggs, so far all 9 are developing perfectly [​IMG] they are from My White Rock and Easter Egger bred by my black Australorp rooster

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  4. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Find the ones marked 'fertile'... seen good and bad hatch rates... they're a crap shoot, lol...

5. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Read the dates and they will say fertilized and aren't usually in the same spot as regular eggs. Good luck!!!!!

6. fire370

fire370 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2015
    SC Kansas

Good luck!

7. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

There is a whole thread on here somewhere about it.

8. Ravynscroft

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

HAL is one thing, contests are added as part but an optional addition for HAL joiners... for the hatch rate contests, you have to send pics of set eggs to ron and post pics of all hatched when done... hatches need to be done and posted by Jan 3rd...

9. iPickYupik

iPickYupik Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2015
    Logan, UT
    Mine's Christmas Day. Always hated it but this year my hubby's combining my Christmas and Bday gifts to give me a new Brinsea! Woohoo! Now I just have to get it and fill it with eggs so I can do the NYC HAL! :D

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    you betcha!!! [​IMG][​IMG]

Welcome @FriAndRoo [​IMG] sorry about the hen, I havent had much luck with my hens except for the little serama! What kinda bator are you using and when did you set? wondering if you will empty out that bator so you can set again to start another batch with us for the New years HAL too! oh and it Sounds like your gonna have some cute chicks!!! Welcome to our group!! were glad to have you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by