INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats! I'll catch you soon.

Cute kids. I'm very sorry for this and I hope God and you forgive me, but
smack.gif
you are not old. If you were old, I would be old and that is not possible.

hugs.gif
. I really, really, really, wish I could help.
@mlmddh Thanks Mike
hugs.gif
I know you would help if you could. It is so depressing. She is my favorite girl, had the best pups out of all my girls ever. And what made it worse is discussing everything with the owners of the pups, but what is wonderful is our friendships with them. Its so awesome to know how much they love them. and I know neither of us are old, that is why I was surprised you said about selling already. But I do see your point at this time I would love to have critters but more a simple home with more land to chill and enjoy!
wink.png
but that has NOTHING to do with town or NEIGHBORS no way my friend no no no!!!
12274550_893763270700872_2943253350263723852_n.jpg

Why Delaware.. Just curios.. My roo is a pain in the butt. He attacks everyone but me. He is lucky to be alive!!! But that is normal for a Delaware!!! My hen is sweet.
@Rod-T do you see this? maybe they arent all that way louly how are your eggs and chicks?????

Be sure to get with her vet and let them know she had one. Sometimes they have to adjust the dosage several times before their hit an even keel for the meds. I do so hate idiopathic epilepsy, so very very much. It also sucks that you're girl is having the self defense post ictal phase. Dozer's is the reaction of demanding to go for a ride and go to the vet during his loudly complaining stage. He loves our vet
idunno.gif
Thanks @firedragon1982 yep we have discussed since the meds are makin her eat like a pig.... thanks for the advice fire! I appreciate it!!
hugs.gif
anything else I can do when she is down?

The one on the left. I did see them grow a lot from day 18 to day 19.

This is my first baby! And 4 more pipped!
good news Amb!!!
clap.gif
so it was a lil one!

I forgot to post pics of the sharpee color eggs hatching. Final tally, red didn't hatch, but black and pink did, plus several others.
SWEET SHARPIE EGGS!!!
ya.gif
so where is this test the sharpie thread at???? @Lamancha

I am guessing that since there brown goo is in the shell and that now at least 6 hours later he isn't fluffed, that I'm dealing with sticky chick. Correct?

This ones membrane looks a bit dry. Should I do a very small damp finger around the membrane?
did you check on that chick amb???

I am not going to read 500 posts to catch up. At least not right now.
I finally got a Brabanter egg yesterday, and my Brabanter cockerel is getting fiesty. It makes me hopeful for my February hatch.
@tao chick !!!!
hugs.gif
I dont care what you do!! just come and say hello!!!!

Ur-ur
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Now I'm really mad we aren't simultaneous! Another week for me
Sorry, VW... looks like your timer was a little off! LOL!!!

I just pulled the two malpositioned eggs and did a quick analysis... both chicks are still kicking, so there's hope they'll still be okay. I did a little assist on the shells and moistened the membrane with a damp q-tip. Even though there weren't any veins in the membrane, I didn't break into them.

Quick poll: should I cut an air hole in the membrane or leave them alone?

Good morning everyone! Looks like a busy day for several of you with all the popcorn popping around here! I woke up to find some popping in my bator, too. So far I have 4 good pips, and 2 malpos. Not hearing any peeping yet, but it's still early. I'll go ahead and post what I've got so far. Why? Because it doesn't count without pic...
celebrate.gif

Malpositions

I had to roll this egg to get a pic, since the pip was on the bottom side. I found it by spotting a few tiny shell frags beside it. The membrane is broken, but I don't see any movement. Hope the little fellow's okay...

Why Delaware.. Just curios.. My roo is a pain in the butt. He attacks everyone but me. He is lucky to be alive!!! But that is normal for a Delaware!!! My hen is sweet.

True delawares are pretty rare..

And even alot breeders are having trouble with color. So the more people involved would help to save them.

There pretty too..

Wasn't sure if I wanted to follow whites(?) "leave them be. they'll be fine" motto or not. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try. Thanks for the advice!
bow.gif

Oh... and good morning, M'Lady!!!
wink.png
Nope not whites
gig.gif
I cant remember who says this either
gig.gif

Should I worry?

During the night had a temp spike in the LG deluxe of 106, not sure what caused that, was up to 4 hours since I'd last checked it. Eggs are on day 7 of incubation with humidity running 46-50

Last edited:
Sorry, VW... looks like your timer was a little off! LOL!!!

I just pulled the two malpositioned eggs and did a quick analysis... both chicks are still kicking, so there's hope they'll still be okay. I did a little assist on the shells and moistened the membrane with a damp q-tip. Even though there weren't any veins in the membrane, I didn't break into them.

Quick poll: should I cut an air hole in the membrane or leave them alone?

you should have opened that little hole into them through the membrane not taken the outer shell off
smack.gif

Should I worry?

During the night hat a temp spike in the LG deluxe of 106, not sure what caused that, was up to 4 hours since I'd last checked it. Eggs are on day 7 of incubation with humidity running 46-50
I wouldn't worry about it for two reasons. 1: it won't solve anything. 2: if the spike didn't last long, it won't affect the eggs. The internal temp of the eggs change much slower than the air temp in the incubator.
wink.png

Hope that helps to ease your worried mind. Hmm... sounds like that would go good in a song, doesn't it?
celebrate.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom