Incubating with no adding water, no lockdown and no counting days to hatch.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NomoreCSIncubating, Apr 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NomoreCSIncubating

NomoreCSIncubating Chirping

Apr 23, 2019
    With the right incubator it is possible to incubator without adding a drop of water with no lockdown leaving eggs on the turner until they peep the membrane and able to pull chicks as soon as they hatch with no counting days to hatch. You can add eggs everyday and you can hatch out eggs everyday all in the same incubator.

Please do not say this is impossible I have been Incubating here in Oklahoma the same for 11 years and more then 30 years in Nevada.

2. R2elk

R2elk Free Ranger

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    Your local conditions have more to do with whether or not it is possible than anything else. If your ambient humidity is 20% or less like mine is, no you cannot successfully use an incubator without adding water.

If your ambient humidity is 60%, you should be able to incubate without adding water.

Yes chicks can hatch with an auto turner on and running but accidents do happen and chicks get stuck in the wrong place and are injured or killed.

If you want to hatch continuously with the best results, use two incubators. Use one as an incubator and use one as a hatcher. Save the eggs up for 7 days and add them in as a batch once a week. It is best for the chicks to be in groups for their comfort and health.

The other problem with incubating and hatching continuously is the constant build up of dander and other contaminants which need to be cleaned out from time to time. Too much build up and and contamination can lead to zero hatches.

Theoretically under the right conditions, it can be done for awhile. It is not a recipe for success.

Kessel23, JenLMM, 123RedBeard and 5 others like this.
  3. NomoreCSIncubating

Apr 23, 2019

My incubators do just fine in any condition and have been working for more then 11 years and your statements are incorrect in my opinion.

4. NomoreCSIncubating

Apr 23, 2019
    well let me start out with your assumptions that I haven't figured out how to clean the incubator while it is running. Since it works off of ambient humidity I can open the incubator while incubating to either vacuum or blow the dander off the moving parts.

The incubator was designed to dry the air so it will run in humidity down to 10% but like in the video I posted it was raining that day so it is the only reason it was around 25% plus if you looked the average temp was 98 degrees in the incubator.

Everything you said has nothing to do at all with my lncubators or how I incubate.

5. R2elk

R2elk Free Ranger

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    All incubators cause a lower humidity in the incubator than what the ambient humidity is because of the higher temperature in the incubator.

Personally, I know how incubators work as well as what happens with humidity. I also have the right to not believe some of your claims which go against the laws of physics..

Kessel23, JenLMM, aart and 4 others like this.
  6. NomoreCSIncubating

Apr 23, 2019

Well hate to break it to you I have an incubator that has not had a drop of water added to it in 11 years I do not make claims I state facts.

7. NomoreCSIncubating

Apr 23, 2019
    11+ years old still has all the original parts inculding the original thermometer and I have never added a drop of water I have never done a lock down and I have never counted a day to hatch !

received_1671113439658837.jpeg

8. FishMtFarm

FishMtFarm Emu whisperer

Jan 2, 2017
    Lake Pleasant, NY
    Ok so if this is true, which your video is sped up but doesn’t show what frame of time this is all happening, so potentially could be a day or two or twenty, what has been the health and lifespan of the chicks you hatch? Also your temp fluctuates a lot quite a bit which is worrisome to me. What breeds besides your quail and the chicken in the video, have you hatched?

9. NomoreCSIncubating

Apr 23, 2019
    Maybe because it was taken with a time lapse camera over a 12 hr period.

10. NomoreCSIncubating

Apr 23, 2019
    I posted a picture of the incubator that the time lapse video was taken in and that incubator has been doing that for 11+ years I find a temp that the eggs thrive in and let the incubator do what it does best. They are cortnix quail but I incubate everything at the same temp and same humidity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: