1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubating

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by crossdacrek, May 21, 2016.

1. crossdacrek

crossdacrek New Egg

May 21, 2016
    Hello all, I'm new to this forum. I have a question and was hoping maybe someone could help. I have a really good hatch rare with eggs I get from other flocks. However my own eggs don't do good at all. My chickens are well fed and taken care of and lay really good. Any ideas?

2. azjustin

azjustin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2016
    Tucson, AZ
    More information on why they don't do well would help out a great deal.

Rooster(s) are obviously a huge variable to the equation.

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop

Hi :welcome

Check out this article ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/diagnosing-hatch-failures-it-starts-with-the-egg

Lots of great information in there that should help you.
    Good luck with your future hatches.

4. crossdacrek

crossdacrek New Egg

May 21, 2016
    My eggs are fertile. They develop and seem to be doing great. It's hatching time when I lose them. Either from piping then failure to zip or just never piping.

5. crossdacrek

crossdacrek New Egg

May 21, 2016
    Thanks. I checked out the link and it seems really useful. I will double my feeds for the proper nutrition and also my birds for any signs of ailment. I will keep in touch. Thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by