incubating!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lbilly, May 20, 2010.

1. lbilly

lbilly Hatching

Feb 27, 2010
    Tomorrow we are getting an incubator and we are going to hatch chicks for the first time! [​IMG]. We are VERY nervous and worried some won't make it. Do you guys have any advice? I hope they make it! [​IMG] Also if you guys want to hatch chicks at the same time as us feel free... if you want to, put your chicks in on May 22. [​IMG]

2. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Get ready to hover. We have been hatching eggs this year since February, constantly. Everytime I go into the room with the bator I stop and check the temps and humidity, look at the eggs. That time adds up after a while. [​IMG]

We actually will be having eggs hatch on the 11th, day before you.

Currently there are Turkeys, Guineas and Peafowl. 28 days for all.

Good luck!

3. lbilly

lbilly Hatching

Feb 27, 2010
    it didn't work [​IMG]
    [​IMG] i don't know why but the temputure kept rising and wouldn't go down so we aren't going to have any chicks soon. We can not seem to find a good incubator, do you have any suggestions? Good luck with your chicks [​IMG]

4. joe17

joe17 Songster

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Get a brinsea eco. I love them! You can get them from the brinsea website for 99 bucks. You can get the turner to but thats not neccesary. You wont have to hover and if the egg is fertile, the brinsea will hatch it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by