Incubating

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brokenhobble, Feb 23, 2014.

1. brokenhobble

brokenhobble Out Of The Brooder

Jan 25, 2014
    So this might be a dumb question but something that I was thinking of as I am now in lockdown with 42 eggs all laid out in the incubator; not all the chicks will hatch at the same time, and I was told leave the chicks in the incubator for 24hrs after hatch before moving to a brooder, the chicks in the incubator; will they mess up the chicks trying to hatch or that are 1 day from hatching if they bump the eggs causing them to roll....

2. tonstevens

tonstevens Out Of The Brooder

Dec 31, 2013
    I'm on lockdown started this mourn ahhh this is my first hatch so I'm nerves and excited I'm hoping for just one to hatch! But from what I have been reading on this site the chicks rolling the other eggs won't bug the others that are trying to hatch. One lady said it was like a wake up call for the other! :) good luck with you hatch

3. brokenhobble

Jan 25, 2014
    awesome thank you! good luck to you as well but beware its addicting lol

4. tonstevens

Dec 31, 2013
    Oh ya I'm in trouble already lol planing my next hatch before this one is even done :)

5. brokenhobble

Jan 25, 2014
    yea me to im already gathering and storing more eggs, what kinda chickens do you have?

6. tonstevens

Dec 31, 2013
    Right now I have 2 rir and 3 black sex link... But I don't have a rooster with them yet. I bought 4 ameracucana fertile eggs and 20 silver Wyandotte

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by