1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

incubation blog

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by fightingrooster, Feb 6, 2014.

1. fightingrooster

fightingrooster Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2014
    I had put eggs in my incubator starting jan 14th. I put the new eggs in the incubator the day I receive them from the hen. I label the eggs a,b,c,d,e and so on.... this is my hatching diary and my hatching results, I will keep every one posted on them starting today.

2. fightingrooster

Jan 31, 2014
    eggs A and B were supposed to hatch Tuesday, February 4th. I gave them until today, Thursday February 6th before I took them out of my hatching incubator. I took them outside and slowly pecked my way through the shell with a screw driver (just to make sure there were no baby chicks inside). the eggs appeared to have no development what so ever, im not sure if they weren't fertilized or what. they both still had there yolks in them.

3. fightingrooster

Jan 31, 2014
    eggs C and D were supposed to hatch yesterday, Wednesday, February 5th. I still have not seen or heard anything out of them. I candled C and came to the conclusion that it was still a yolk, so I removed it from the hatching incubator. I will wait it out for D it is pretty dark but its hard to tell whether its developing or not. egg E is supposed to hatch tomorrow Friday, February 7th. I have candled it and I am not sure whether it is yolk or a chick. I added a new egg from my law grey game hen today, it is egg N which gives me a total of 14 eggs (3 of which have not developed, and im not sure about D and E).

4. fightingrooster

Jan 31, 2014
    egg E was supposed to hatch yesterday but I still have not seen any sign. I will give it until tomorrow Sunday, February, 9th. and D is not hatching so im going to take it out of the incubator today. where I live it has been a very cold winter, and by the time I get home the eggs have been sitting in the nest for a while, so I think the embryos are dying because they are getting chilled. I moved eggs F and G in the incubator yesterday and candled them both. G does not look very good but F looks fine, so I think F stands a good chance of hatching. they are both supposed to hatch Monday February, 10th. so im looking forward to seeing what they will do. - if you have any questions about hatch, just post them in the comments.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by