Incubation experiment...what will they be/look like??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Reurra, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Reurra

Reurra Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2012
    Nova Scotia
    So, I let a golden laced wyndotte roo cover my hens. I ahve 1 golden comet, 1 jersey giant, 1 black australorp, 1 blue sutralorp, 1 penciled Ameracauna and 1 black Americauna.

I dont know what eggs are whose when it comes to the JG/Aussy/Blue, but I know the comets eggs and the Americauanas.

So my question is, what are the color variants I might get?

I cant seem to find any pictures online with GLW/Blue Australorp. Im very curious what I will get! They are due to hatch in the next 2 days!

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    the cross of your rooster to the gold comet will come out looking mostly yellow or redish, but will mature to be black laced or white laced depending on if the comet had dominant white in her or not

the cross of your rooster to the penciled ameraucana will come out looking like gold laced chicks and will mature to be gold laced too

the cross of your rooster to black Australorp, black ameraucana and jersey giant will come out looking all black at hatch and will be mostly black at adult hood..

the cross of your rooster to Blue australorp will come out like this: 50% of them will be blue and 50% of them will be black at hatch, most tly blue or moslty black at adulthood

3. Reurra

Apr 11, 2012
    Nova Scotia
    Hi Nicalandia!

Cracker, my comet, is mostly orange. She doesnt really have much white at all. As far as I know, I only have 1 blue australorp egg, my Blue became eggbound over this last week and i dont think she will be laying any more if she recovers. So i hope I get a blue! I would love to have the genes in the pool [​IMG]

Thanks for the info! Im burning with curiosity, and i dont know if I'll know quite what color they will be when they hatch, after all, the feathers take some time to mature!

4. Reurra

Apr 11, 2012
    Nova Scotia
    I got a blue!!

[​IMG]

I hope she survives, she had a hard time getting out of her egg, and now the other chicks are picking on her.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  5. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    how about the rest of them? all black?

6. Reurra

Apr 11, 2012
    Nova Scotia
    Here they are. The gradiant on their backs ranges from black to dark grey. Cracker's baby is very yellow lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by