1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

incubation lockdown help please?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by smiths12, May 15, 2016.

1. smiths12

smiths12 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2016
    I have khaki campbells in my incubator, its nearly lockdown time, just want to know what the humidity should be. Also should I intervene with the eggs at any point, how many days after there due date do they normally take if late? any other info would be great thanks

2. Oofies

Oofies Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2009
    West Virginia
    Is there a duck thread? I tried ducks a few years ago and only hatched one of 42 eggs (I think it was humidity issue). Good luck!

3. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    Most duck hatchers I know hatch ducks at the same temps and humidity as chicks. Most duck breeds are 28 days incubation. 24-48 hours past hatch date is perfectly normal to candle and assess for life on non hatchers. Humidity if you are hands off can be ran at 65%. 70-75% is better for hands on people.
    Ducks do often take longer between progression than chicks often waiting 24-48 hours from one step to the next. Some people will assist, but timing is key and making sure that all the veining has retracted is VERY important to a successful assist.
    Yes, there is a duck forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by