incubation with chick and keet eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chick123600, Apr 7, 2012.

1. chick123600

chick123600 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Help. My hen Penny had gone broody and was setting on eggs for about 7 days, then she quit.

I think it's because of the 2 month old chick she took in and is now missing (no idea where she went)

Anyways I took the eggs, and found that she was laying on 6 guinea eggs, and 4 chicken eggs. I put them in my incubator.

I know that guineas need to be in the incubator longer but how am I supposed to go about doing this?

I know for sure that at least some of the guinea eggs are fertile. and I'm not so sure about the chicken eggs.

How am I supposed to do this, this will be my third attempt on hatching anything in my incubator. The first two times was very full of flaws, but now I got it mostly down pat.

Can anyone help?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  2. chick123600

Apr 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    anyone?

3. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    That is why I built two incubators. One for incubating and one to hatch in. I don't know anything about hatching guinea eggs, if they take different humidity and such, I would try to go to find a happy medium for both and when the chickens hatch remove them to a brooder and continue with the quineas. Good luck. :thumbsup

4. chick123600

Apr 21, 2011
    Oklahoma
    There are only two chicken eggs in there now I candled them them yesterday, one is fer sure fertile, and I'm iffy about the other one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by