Incubator cam hatching now...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rebelcowboysnb, May 7, 2011.

1. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

2. segnenlea

segnenlea Out Of The Brooder

Oct 7, 2009
    Pontotoc,MS
    Now that is awesome~ I love that you have cameras on these. Right now it says they are temp. offline though. I will be checking it later though!

Christi

3. rebelcowboysnb

Really? Hummm... Not sure why. Seems to be working on my end now so maybe it fixed its self.

4. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    I could watch chicks hatch ALL. DAY. LONG. [​IMG] Totally amazing, isn't it?

5. rebelcowboysnb

Oh yea, very addictive.

6. GeoKan

GeoKan Cackleberry Curator

Mar 9, 2011
    Troy, Kansas
    Hey Reb,

This is like the 3rd time I've been on your site to watch your chicks hatch. I really enjoy the Zen aspect of it. I applaud your diligence.

I think you should start a chick-hatching channel. [​IMG]

My daughters really enjoyed watching the dyed chicks hatch a few weekends ago.

7. rebelcowboysnb

Glad you like it. I'm always trying to add to the experience. I am trying to figure out how to mount a camera into a egg before putting it in the incubator. Once I get more cameras I want to add bee hives an many other things people usually don't get to see.

8. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    i noticed you have some dyed chicks in your brooder... did you dye and hatch them yourself, or are they from a petstore of some sort...?

9. rebelcowboysnb

I dyed the embryos in the eggs an hatched them that way on Easter. It was my first time doing it.

10. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    i am interested in how to do this... to mark which eggs are what... i hear it's harmless, and if you're doing it... LOL... i don't see the harm in trying...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by