Incubator cheap??? W/ a turner preferably??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by baldie, Oct 22, 2008.

1. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    HI guys, I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get an incubator with a turner for a reasonable price??? Thanks in advance!!

2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

I know our local Farm & Fleet has them. Do you have a grain/livestock store by you? If so give them a call.

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

If you are wanting a brand new incubator, the cheapest is going to be an LG Still air for $40, and the turner for $40.... Unless you build your own using a styrofoam ice chest.

4. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    We have 3 feed stores in our general vicinity, but they all only carry the feed and waterers. It's stinky around here. Nobody seems to have anything for chickens. We end up having to buy most of our stuff online.

5. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Quote:Well, that's reasonable. Where could I get it??

6. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

www.ebay.com or www.craigslist.org has them used but in good shape. check them out! I agree an LG is your more inexpensive...that is Little Giant incubator and turner

7. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    I tried craigslist around here, but no-one has one up for sale, and I have had some bad experiences w/ebay.

8. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

yeah you really have to be careful with E-bay and who you do business with.

9. baldie

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Yes, I know. Craigslist would be great, if I could find one. At least none times out 10 you find out where they live. or you have a phone number to call if the item is not what they say it is.

10. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Tractor Supply carries them, and you can order them online for about the same price... Any poultry supply company should have them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by