Incubator cleaners?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PolloAdoro, Nov 30, 2010.

1. PolloAdoro

PolloAdoro Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2010
    Conifer, Colorado
    I am using my new Brinsea incubator now for the first time and was wondering what you all use to clean them out with after the hatch. I know with the styrofoam ones people use bleach, how about in a non styrofoam one like my brinsea? Of course Brinsea offers a cleaner, but I'm sure it's an over priced product.

2. mandelyn

mandelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Goshen, OH
    You really only need hot water, a mild soap, and a sponge. Nothing fancy. Nothing that can't be easily rinsed off so that there isn't a residue to affect later hatches. Bleach the sponge or microwave it to keep it clean for later use.

3. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Brinsea offers a disinfectent solution for cleaning incubators, I've never used it though. I just use disinfectant wipes and wipe everything down.

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

The Brinsea cleaner is highly concentrated, so that's a plus. I bought it because I was a newbie and determined to do everything as right as I could. It's so concentrated I have plenty of the small bottle left, have had multiple hatches, and I clean my brooders with it!

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Weak half capful of clorox bleach and a drop of dawn dishwashing liquid solution and warm water for my Brinsea. The top just gets wiped down with a dampcloth in the same thing and dried well. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  6. PolloAdoro

PolloAdoro Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2010
    Conifer, Colorado
    thanks everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by