Incubator did not reset! Eggs didn't turn!

NimsHouseGarden

Chirping
Mar 21, 2023
I always reset my incubator before I put it away. (Using nutureright 360). I put in some new eggs Saturday afternoon without checking the countdown and just realized the automatic egg turner wasn't on, it's Tuesday morning. I had been hand turning them once a day because I am rotating the eggs between inner and outer ring. And I pressed the test turn a few times because I was suspicious.

I just had a baby hatch from my last batch with a cross beak and am nervous the low turn count will cause deformities. Am I overthinking it?

I always reset my incubator before I put it away. (Using nutureright 360). I put in some new eggs Saturday afternoon without checking the countdown and just realized the automatic egg turner wasn't on, it's Tuesday morning. I had been hand turning them once a day because I am rotating the eggs between inner and outer ring. And I pressed the test turn a few times because I was suspicious.

I just had a baby hatch from my last batch with a cross beak and am nervous the low turn count will cause deformities. Am I overthinking it?
A few days might be fine
It’s a hood thing you did turn once a day that would definitely help

Hi! I would be very interested in the results as I’m new to hatching eggs and had to leave town for a little over 24 hours about 5 days into the hatch. Would love to know what I might be in for….

Hi! I would be very interested in the results as I’m new to hatching eggs and had to leave town for a little over 24 hours about 5 days into the hatch. Would love to know what I might be in for….
I know I am a year late, and I hope you had a good success! I ended up having 4 out of 6 hatch. Who knows what would have happened had I reset the turner, but it is still a decent hatch rate. All of them ended up being hens, which is even better luck!

Back
Top Bottom