Incubator disaster

Lalegid

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 26, 2014
My incubator was fine when I turned the eggs before bed last night, but this morning it was cold! All the eggs (chicken and quail) were cold. I've put them into the spare incubator but what are the chances that any will survive?
6 Barred Rock are on day 17
8 mixed breeds on day 10
12 quail on day 5

It's my first time incubating eggs... I'm a little upset.

If you have to have a temperature problem, too cold is better than too hot. Excessive heat generally kills developing eggs - your eggs should still be fine - the hatch date may be slightly extended.

If you have to have a temperature problem, too cold is better than too hot. Excessive heat generally kills developing eggs - your eggs should still be fine - the hatch date may be slightly extended.
x2. I think they'll probably be fine as well. I had a broody who got driven from her nest by the "mean girls", and by the time I discovered it her eggs were stone cold. I thought for sure they were dead, but put her in a separate enclosure and put them back under her. Every one lived to hatch! So don't give up on them.
hugs.gif

I'm still treating today as day 18, so eggs are now on lockdown. I've had to switch to the small incubator (as the bigger one is the one that broke - brand new too!), but thankfully my 2 cluckies are coping well with the addition of extra eggs. :) fingers crossed! I'm really excited about some barred rock babies!

Back
Top Bottom