Incubator door

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by rebel yell, Dec 30, 2010.

1. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    My incubator door was a 3 ply glass door, but when i got it the middle glass was shattered, dont ask me how that happened, but does any one know how to take the door apart so i can get the broken glass out, you can see it at the bottom of the door, any help would be appreciated.[​IMG]

2. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Can you post a bigger picture? It is hard to see on that small one. What brand is the incubator?

3. rebel yell

rebel yell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Alabama
    that's the best i can do on the picture, but the brand of the wine cooler was '' Ewave''.

4. muddstopper

muddstopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2008
    Murphy NC
    Quote:http://www.mcappliance.com/images/products/EWWC30MCG-600.jpg.

Rebel, My experience with those type of glass doors is that the insulated glass is glued into the frame, usually using what appears to be silicon sealant. If you dont see any screws holding the frame together, then its probably glued. Takeing the door apart to replace one glass frame might result in the breaking of the other glass. The glass is also usually tempered,($$$$) and not just your run of the mill window glass. If the glass is indeed tempered and if you do get it apart successfully, the glass alone will probably cost you around $30 for just one pane. It has to be cut and then tempered and most glass shops dont do this inhouse. I found this out when I had to replace a glass shelf in a glass cabinet a couple of months ago. I guess the question I would ask myself would be, is the risk of breaking the other two panes of glass worth it for the little bit of extra insulation properties you would gain from replaceing the one broken pane?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by