Incubator Education

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by indigo flats, Feb 20, 2017.

1. indigo flats

indigo flats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2017
    Elgin South Carolina
    I am on day 16 and it does not matter whether these eggs hatch or not. What matters is the education I got on incubating eggs for the last 16 days. I understand more about incubating eggs now than I did when I started. My education came from reading post and observing my eggs. I did not do things perfect when I started I made mistakes hopefully my mistakes will not cost me my chicks. I started these 6 eggs as a experiment prior to getting turkey eggs. My goal was to get the incubating process down enough to be successful at hatching turkey eggs. I think I have accomplished my goal. I have a good education and understanding as to what is happening as the embro grows. I will run one more batch of eggs to see if my education on incubating eggs has improved which I think it has.

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Are you meaning this the way it sounds---like you really don't care one way or the other OR are you saying you hope they hatch but if not---you tried and learned a lot?? Just curious.

3. indigo flats

indigo flats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2017
    Elgin South Carolina
    I said I made mistakes hopefully my mistakes will not cost me my chicks. But whether they hatch or not I got an education and my next batch will go better because I know more now than when I started. No I want them to hatch I chose eggs from my best hen, the best layer I have and the smartest. These chicks if they hatch will be the replacement of the culls that will go to the freezer camp.

The main intent of the post was that this incubating process allowed me to get an education on incubating. It is not about whether the eggs hatch or not, it is about the education I got.

Bad wording on my part.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  4. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Sure we learn more the more we do something if we have the desire to learn. I wish you the best of luck. If you have eggs that do not hatch---take time to eggtopsy them---to see if you can figure out what might have been the problem/went wrong. Good Luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by