Incubator egg help please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Singlemaple, May 20, 2011.

1. Singlemaple

Singlemaple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Merrimack NH
    so i placed 2 eggs in my incubator that i had taken from a broody hen ( her eggs where gonna hatch in a few days and the 2 eggs i took wouldnt hatch for more then 17 days so she would have abandoned them but it ended up the other eggs rotted and what not ) so anyway one of the eggs quit and one will go on lockdown tonight and i have 2 other eggs in there that are 15 days behind ( sorry if i'm confusing you ) so lets see if i can make this easier..

2 eggs taken from a broody a week and a half ago should hatch the 23.
    1 of those eggs quit about 10 days in growth.
    2 eggs added that where laid by my wyandotte and placed in incubator same day as eggs taken from broody.

now the problem i had last time i incubated was the humidity levels cause of different eggs hatching at different times basically ruined all my eggs..
    so i need to have the humidity at what level for the one egg that should hatch in like 3 days and will it mess up my other 2 eggs that are at 5 days growth?

im confusing my self can someone help me?

2. ScissorChick

ScissorChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2010
    Under Your bed
    [​IMG] Welcome to BackYard Chickens! [​IMG]

Sounds like you need a hatcher [​IMG] If you do not already know, a hatcher

is just another incubator specifically for eggs in lockdown. The recommended

humidity from day 1 - 18 is 40-50 %, & the recommended humidity for lockdown

( day 18 - until egg hatches ) should be around 60-70 %, some have more luck with

higher humidity, some with lower. I would just keep it around 55-60%.

~Scissor

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  3. Singlemaple

Singlemaple Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2010
    Merrimack NH
    I don't have room for a hatcher....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by