incubator expansion ring for the Hova 1588

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Zookeeper9000, May 18, 2008.

1. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Morning all I read about the expansion kits for incubators on another post for a little giant. Does anyone know if there is a place to get them for the Hova 1588's and where would I go for that info, I already tried to search theGQF site but couldn't find it.

So far I found one on the eggcarton.com site for the LG it was 17.95. If anyone can find it cheaper please let me know. I thought it would be nice to hatch my chick eggs as I use the egg carton method and I worried they might burn their heads, they didn't but that 1 1/2 inches would save me the worry.

I need 2 for the LG's I have and 2 for the Hova's. Used would even be nice if someone has one they don't need at a reasonable price.

Thanks for any and all help

2. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    I do not think the 1588 requires an expansion ring but I have emailed GQF to ask... [​IMG]

3. anschuck

anschuck Out Of The Brooder

Jul 4, 2007
    So. Maine
    I bought an expansion ring from DBL R when I bought my goose egg turner. When I got it, it was
    square and didn't fit. So I called GQF and they told me I didn't need an expansion ring. Hope this
    helps.
    Chuck

4. carugoman

carugoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2007
    NW FL Crestview
    The Hova 1588 was designed not to utilize an expansion ring...there simply is no need.

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    The newer Hova's do not use an expansion ring. They were designed with deeper lids to eliminate the need. The older ones are the only ones that need the expansion ring, and I think it is only for very large eggs due to proximaty to heating elements.

Jody

6. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Thanks all for your help. I seen that post about the LG and wanted to make sure that if I needed it for my Hova's I would have it. Thanks again

7. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    Altho it has been established that no expansion ring is mecessary, I wanted to post the response I got from GQF:

Thank you for your email. The Hova-bator was redesigned a few years ago and no longer requires an expansion ring for goose eggs. Expansion rings are available in the event that even more interior volume is needed.

Regards,

G.Q.F. Sales Team

G.Q.F. Manufacturing Company

P.O. Box 1552

Savannah, GA 31402

Phone 912-236-0651

FAX 912-234-9978

www.GQFmfg.com

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by