Incubator fell - cracked shells Day 23 after 1 hatch

Forrnellie

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 8, 2015
Day 23 heard chirping all day. One hatched quick the others moving but no pip. The cat knocked the incubator. Hatch chick is safe and I put them all back in the incubator. Brought them to the small bathroom ran the hot shower for immediate heating back up and humidity. Put a wet warm paper towel inside the incubator and misted the cracked shells. #12 I can see a heartbeat, it’s slow, shell cracked but seemed might have been shrink wrapped. Can they breath through that lining? Other chick just wants out, so sad. No other movement from the other eggs. Maybe they need to settle? Cats are annoying. I am over them. Never again will I own a cat!

Day 23 heard chirping all day. One hatched quick the others moving but no pip. The cat knocked the incubator. Hatch chick is safe and I put them all back in the incubator. Brought them to the small bathroom ran the hot shower for immediate heating back up and humidity. Put a wet warm paper towel inside the incubator and misted the cracked shells. #12 I can see a heartbeat, it’s slow, shell cracked but seemed might have been shrink wrapped. Can they breath through that lining? Other chick just wants out, so sad. No other movement from the other eggs. Maybe they need to settle? Cats are annoying. I am over them. Never again will I own a cat!
How close was the incubator from the edge of the table?

Most ever I had a cat do, was open the lid of my incubator, & try to snatch the first chick that hatched out of it. I have to tape the lid during hatch day now.

How close was the incubator from the edge of the table?

Most ever I had a cat do, was open the lid of my incubator, & try to snatch the first chick that hatched out of it. I have to tape the lid during hatch day now.
Far from the edge. I had just dozed off after watching the eggs and the newly hatched chick. The cat is old I don’t even know how she jumped up there to be honest. So pissed!!!

Far from the edge. I had just dozed off after watching the eggs and the newly hatched chick. The cat is old I don’t even know how she jumped up there to be honest. So pissed!!!
Don't get mad at the cat, I'm pretty sure she, or he didn't mean it:hugs. Unlike my sister's cat that wanted to eat my chick.

How badly are the eggs cracked, can you get a picture of the damage?

It’s really bad I didn’t want to upset anyone, I saw a heartbeat and now I don’t. The humidity is high and the newly hatched chick is ok and getting stronger. I’m so sad cause you can see they were going to hatch today.

Attachments

• 845DEDFB-5157-41DD-ABBB-824288E11E89.jpeg
    845DEDFB-5157-41DD-ABBB-824288E11E89.jpeg
    572.2 KB · Views: 13
  • ACAE68F7-222E-43B5-839E-C6811886936F.jpeg
    ACAE68F7-222E-43B5-839E-C6811886936F.jpeg
    389.6 KB · Views: 13
I found a breeder nearby and if they don’t have chicks I found another place nearby that has chicks so little Crash has a friend or two.

It’s really bad I didn’t want to upset anyone, I saw a heartbeat and now I don’t. The humidity is high and the newly hatched chick is ok and getting stronger. I’m so sad cause you can see they were going to hatch today.
Those are pretty busted.

Yes, keep the humidity high, & you can apply some Triple Antibiotic ointment(Non Pain Relieving) or coconut oil gently to the exposed membranes to help keep them moist.

Back
Top Bottom