incubator for biginners!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Fugly1100, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Fugly1100

Fugly1100 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2011
    Killen AL
    OK so i would really like to purchase an incubator but i know nothing about them and i don't have alot of money to spend, any suggestions? [​IMG]

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Not sure what you are willing to spend, but a very good "plug 'n play" incubator is the Genesis Hova Bator 1588 with the autoturner.

All you do is plug it in, add water, add eggs, and wait for them to hatch.

Keep reading the posts in this forum to continue educating yourself and you'll be a hatchaholic in no time!

[​IMG]

3. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    The simple still air table top incubators with no turner cost about 50$ I got my still air Little Giant for 49.85 at the Feed Store. It works really well and keeps temperature well. All you need to do is add water, add eggs, turn 3 times a day and then you'll have babies....if your eggs are fertile.

4. Fugly1100

Fugly1100 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2011
    Killen AL
    anything wrong with the hova bator 1602?

5. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    A zillion threads on this, use the google search feature and research. Learn the brands and the models and do a bit of investigating.

I can only speak for the LG still air. I have done only a couple hatches in this. I don't consider this user friendly for the beginnerl another model might be a better choice for the novice.

THe LG takes a little care and effort to set up and monitor; the instruction booklet lacks important information; I actually called the company and talked to a lady who filled me in. I do use mine and got half to hatch the first try.

6. HollyBird24

HollyBird24 Overrun With Chickens

Nov 10, 2011
    Manitoba, Canada
    Brinsea Mini Advance hands down.

7. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Quote:That's what I've got. My turner is broken (about to get it repaired when this hatch is done), but even so, I refer to it as my "incubator crockpot" because it's been so simple.

8. HollyBird24

Nov 10, 2011
    Manitoba, Canada
    Quote:That's what I've got. My turner is broken (about to get it repaired when this hatch is done), but even so, I refer to it as my "incubator crockpot" because it's been so simple.

I LOVE mine

9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:I believe the 1602 is a still air at least mine was. I did add a fan to it. I have both Hova-Bator and LG. I do like my LG better I did put a milk bottle cap on the thermostat control which works great. I got the idea from a BYC member. I have an LG egg turner which will also work in the Hova-Bators.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. HollyBird24

Nov 10, 2011
    Manitoba, Canada
    Quote:I've heard bad things about LGs, actually your about the first person I've seen to actually like theres. IMO, you get what you pay for. LGs are cheap.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by