Incubator goes on lock down tomorrow!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dusterbd, Jun 22, 2010.

1. dusterbd

dusterbd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Keep your fingers crossed. This is our first hatch with our new incubator and I am nervous. The next three days I will be on edge like crazy... 15 should hatch in three days and nine within 6 days.

2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Hope it goes well for you [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. dusterbd

Jun 9, 2010
    Thank you I am gonna need it. My incubator is giving me problems ever sense I set it up for lock down. I just hope I don't lose any of my eggs. I didn't get into be until almost two this morning trying to keep the humidity up and trying to get the temp set back right then when I got up at 6:30 the temp had gone up to 108 [​IMG] I candled the eggs their still wiggling around I just hope it didn't hurt any of them.[​IMG]

4. pkw

pkw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2010
    North Edwards, CA
    I candled last night before going to bed myself. I have 6 eggs in lockdown right now for a Saturday hatch. I started with 2 dozen eggs for this hatch but many of them had blood rings and no embryos, some had early quitters and well, I will be happy if at least 4 of these chicks hatches.

5. joza2210

joza2210 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Quote:What incubator is it ?
    I am on lock down too ... Tomorrow they hatch ... Cant Wait ...
    My eggs are in a egg try and i am wonder if i should take it out ... Some people have and some said just leave the eggs ...
    Thanks
    And Good luck with your hatch [​IMG]

6. dusterbd

Jun 9, 2010
    We have the still air incubator 9200 and it has the fan kit and egg turner in it. I took two trays out and layed the eggs on the wire for the ones that hatch the 26th that way the ones that don't hatch until the 29th and july 4, and 5 can still be turned without having to open the incubator. I am just worried cause this incubator has just now started giving me problems on the temp and dumidity. [​IMG] I have been trying to work with it all day and the temp keeps staying down around 97 and I can get the humidity up to 45 with wet napkins but it still comes back down. Gonna have my hubby pick up a sponge or two on his way home from work today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by