Incubator hatching eggs question

Twoandhelp

Chirping
Apr 7, 2015
ok I posted this in the incubating/hatching forum but I was confused by their answers and didnt want to keep bugging them so here I am with my fellow duck peeps.

I have two incubators going. Incubator A has 10 eggs that are 2 weeks old. B has 20 eggs that have been in for 1 day. Incubator B doesn't keep temperature (even spiked to 105! Ugh!). Can I just stick the day old eggs in the same incubator with the two week along eggs? I know they'll hatch on different days and I think I'll need to turn temp down a bit right before they hatch. So I just don't know if that's ok?

Since they have already been incubating for a day, I would put them in with the others for a few days and get the problems worked out with incubator B. Or see if you could at least use it for a hatcher when the first group is ready to be locked down. That gives you a good 10 days to figure out the problem with B.

Last edited:
Thanks, WVduckchick
smile.png

And you don't really need to turn the heat down for the last few days, but you will have to raise the humidity around day 25 for the old set, which won't be good for the new set. It can be done, with an ideal situation, but 10 may take a few days to get all hatched.

Wow, thanks everyone!!! Great info I appreciate it! I hope I have cute baby ducks to show off soon!

Back
Top Bottom