Incubator Hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Keysey Acres, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Keysey Acres

Keysey Acres Hatching

Aug 17, 2017
    Good morning!!! We bought a Brinsea Maxi II Fully Digital 14 Egg Incubator awhile back. We have approximately 50 chickens, but have never tried to hatch via an incubator. Upon opening the package, we were a little overwhelmed but figured we would give it a shot. I never thought with just adding water occasionally we would be able to hatch a chicken, but it happened! It absolutely blew my mind how easy it was and this will cause us to continue to incubate and probably look at upgrading. I documented the hatching of the chicken via video and posted it on youtube. Check it out!

I would love to hear recommendations on what incubator we should upgrade to!

2. LeviS

LeviS Songster

May 22, 2012
    North Dakota
    I've had good luck with my Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance. The one you have is a nice bator also. Were you looking to increase how many you can hatch or ?

3. Keysey Acres

Keysey Acres Hatching

Aug 17, 2017
    We started with the 3 that you will see in the incubator just to see because we didn't really know what we were doing. All 3 ended up hatching and have joined our flock and are perfectly healthy. We haven't done any more yet but absolutely plan on it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: