1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator Help Please…

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickegg, Feb 11, 2016.

1. chickegg

chickegg New Egg

Feb 11, 2016
    Dear All,

I am new to this forum and chicken keeping. I need some advice regarding small incubators please. I live in South Africa and this is what I found here at a reasonable price:
    [​IMG]
    It is called the 1B - 7 Egg Incubator. Is this a good product for a beginner and in general?

I am only starting out now and need to keep my costs as low as possible, the Mini Advance fully digital 7 egg incubator from Brinsea, that was suggested on the incubator thread, is a bit to expensive with the current exchange rate.

Thank you for your time.
    Blessings[​IMG]

2. Chicken Egg 17

Chicken Egg 17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2015
    McVeytown PA
    How much is it and I could help u with the price thing and there are a few more on the market like that u could check out

3. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    First [​IMG]

I do not incubate eggs or raise chicks, but only keep a few adult hens as pets. I see no problem with you trying what your budget allows you to buy. It must work , otherwise they would not be selling them. Small number hatches are Ideal for beginners. If you see the benefits of hatching your own chicks, you may upgrade to larger more expensive models then.
    WISHING YOU BEST [​IMG]

4. chickegg

chickegg New Egg

Feb 11, 2016
  5. chickegg

chickegg New Egg

Feb 11, 2016
    Hi Cavemanrich,

Thank you! I think I might give the incubator a try.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by