Incubator help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by CrestedGirl, Oct 8, 2011.

1. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I know there are probably many threads for this, but I am wanting a new incubator that can hold more then 3 eggs. I payed $150 for my r-com mini, is there a good quality incubator at there that is under $200 and has an automatic egg turner?

2. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    If you get lucky on their monthly Facebook coupon code, you can get a Brinsea Octagon ECO with an egg turner with right at $200 shipping included. I LOVE mine! I have been able to stuff 28 eggs in at a time before.

3. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    If you don't mind used try craigslist. I purchased my GQFs for $233 each and they are the best! [​IMG] and I sold my LGs with fans and turners for $100

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  4. CrestedGirl

CrestedGirl Polish Obsessed

Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Quote:I was considering the brinsea Eco, but after I saw the price for about 400$ I changed my mind. But if I can get it for about $200 I might.

5. Impress

Impress Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Gray, TN
    The Advance is the expensive one, the ECO is cheaper! And I have had no problems with it, it is a great incubator!

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I see them on Craigslist every now & then....honestly, the best small incubator (besides a broody hen) that I've used at the turbo fan hovabators with the auto turners. I get the best hatch rates out of those. The big bator I have is good, too...but not if you only want to hatch a few dozen eggs...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by