Incubator humidity and egg position

I have already turned them over with pointy side down this was yesterday right after I put all of them in before I looked it up that they needed to be pointy end down. I filled the water tray channel up that is in the bottom the humidity was 59% when I left the house this morning and no water was beaded up on the eggs this morning. if this is to much humidity i will pour the water out when I get home and add just a little at a time till it is at a correct level for duck eggs.

the humidity was 59% when I left the house this morning and no water was beaded up on the eggs this morning. if this is to much humidity i will pour the water out when I get home and add just a little at a time till it is at a correct level for duck eggs.
What is the correct level for duck eggs?

That's definitely too high for chicken eggs in my opinion, though I haven't risked it to see if chicks would drown. Might depend on egg color some. Did you start the chicken eggs later than the duck eggs?

My current incubator humidity, COMPLETELY dry is 38%. But that varies by season and has been as low as 10%. So I may fill no trays or 1 tray or 4 tray to reach the desired humidity (for me 40-45%). But start dry to know where you are running and experiment with which well to try to fill up and how much it adds to your humidity. I also noticed that humidity does increase SLIGHTLY when I add more eggs... presumably because their evaporation effect is adding in. :)

Since I don't like cleaning my wells and run many incubation's with different hatching days in a "hatcher"... I made a tin foil boat that sits between my turner and the wall without interrupting anything. ;)

One more note of SUPER importance (IMO)... be sure to move the eggs around to different locations in the incubator. On my still air, hand turn I did it every day. On my forced air, auto turned I do it at least at candle. Seems like more often might have been better, now that I'm thinking about it and hatch results/timing... Specifically the turner motor was noted by many as an incubator hot spot. I haven't specifically measured, and only bantam eggs will fit in that closest position for me. Anyways this helps to ensure even development of all embryos, verses earlier or later hatcher's.

Best wishes. :pop

I have already turned them over with pointy side down this was yesterday right after I put all of them in before I looked it up that they needed to be pointy end down. I filled the water tray channel up that is in the bottom the humidity was 59% when I left the house this morning and no water was beaded up on the eggs this morning. if this is to much humidity i will pour the water out when I get home and add just a little at a time till it is at a correct level for duck eggs.
I'll go out on a limb and say that 59% is way too high. I try to keep mine below 45%.

This is what I have I am hoping it works.
827cad1b-4ea7-49f7-b499-489dde5ab39f-jpeg.1259853
Does that have a fan?

Back
Top Bottom