Incubator humidity - is it ok to fluctuate??

Feb 17, 2021
Ok, so I just put in my 11 eggs to hatch in my incubator, and i've got the humidity to 60%. The thing is, the fan in the room is turned on low, so it messes up the humidity by fluctuating it. Like, it'll be at 58% one check, then the next will be 60%, then 61, etc. Is that bad for the eggs inside? The eggs are not even a day in the incubator, so is it okay to fluctuate? It's not big time fluctuation, just about one percent lower from 60% sometimes. Is this fine?? HELP PLEASE!!

I would imagine this should be fine. I have my homemade refrigerator-incubator set so it comes on at ~56% and goes off at ~58% purposefully so the humidifier isn't constantly kicking on. this seems to work fine for me. As long as the humidity doesn't drop below ~55% or go much over ~60% it should be fine. Good luck!

If these are chicken eggs and you’re on day 0 through 18 the humidity shouldn’t be that high. Try to keep it around 30% to 45%

fluctuating is fine. But if they’re only on day 0 or day 1 the humidity should not be at 60%

On lockdown day 18 through 21, the humidity can range from 60% to 75%.

Back
Top Bottom