Incubator in room with 55 drg constant temp?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by merrydancer, Mar 27, 2009.

1. merrydancer

merrydancer Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2007
    I want to hatch more eggs than my little bators will handle so I will try to set up a Sportsman 1502 that I bought used a few months ago.

I would like to set it up in a storage room that I keep at a constant 55 degrees. no drafts.. no direct sunlight ..no windows but good ventilation though vents.

Question: Is 55 degrees too cold a room for the incubator if the temp of the room never varies more than a degree or two?

.... and same question for the Hatcher I bought also.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I would think that with constant temp and humidity in the room, once you get the temp and humidity dialed in right in the bator it would be more consistant.

3. merrydancer

Nov 28, 2007
    Thank you Red Roo

Sounds like you are saying it would be ok.

The room is very constand.... just rather cold.

4. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    I have always hatched in my basement. It is around 60 degrees at all times. The incubator works flawlessly in the basement. I have some old styro round incubator that my buddy gave me. He bought it years ago and it is still hatching chicks.

This last time I brought it upstairs so my wife and kids can watch the chicks hatch without having to walk downstairs. I am on day nine and I candled tongiht. Only 1 egg was not fertile. ALl the others are progressing nicely.

As long as the temp stays constant you should have no trouble at all. Good luck!!!

Darin

5. merrydancer

Nov 28, 2007
    Thank for the info...

Love this site and the people on it!! Great answer with minutes!

Many thanks! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by