Incubator is shut down as the result of a successful hatch!!

cawooduck

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Livermore, CA
This week has been hectic as ive had three different species of wildfowl hatch in the incubator! I had 4 mandarin eggs, 3 ring teal eggs and 4 wood duck eggs that i started under banty hens and finished in the incubator. I lost 1 mandarin baby and one wood duck baby and one mandarin egg that died about mid term.

So i have 2 mandarin babies, 3 wood duck babies and 3 ring teal babies in the brooder right now, and they are little balls of fire!!

I also have a mandarin hen on eggs in the pen that are due to hatch anyday now and the ring teal are re-nesting.

I did have an incident with a skunk that resulted in the loss of some pintail, mandarin and ring teal eggs, however i do have 2 ring teal eggs under a broody hen that are developing nicely and they will go in the incubator in about a week. The banty hen i had most of the eggs under is an awesome hen, she has been on eggs for a month now, with no giving up, i do make sure she gets off the nest for about 15 minutes or so each day to eat, water and dust herself. She will have some special treats coming to her after i remove the remaining ring teal eggs!!!

I will post pics of the babies later on in the day!!.............Jason

clap.gif
Congratulations on your new babies!!
jumpy.gif
I can't wait to see the pictures
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom