Incubator on craigslist, is it a good one?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by dehave, May 13, 2008.

1. dehave

dehave Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2008
    Someone on craigslist is selling a hovabator 1602n for $80. Is that a good incubator and a good price?

2. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I bought this same one for $30 on craigslist. I do not know the exact original price. Maybe someone who knows incubator prices better will help out. Maybe mine was a steal [​IMG] Hope you get a bator' soon at a good price!

3. babyboy1_mom

babyboy1_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Louisiana
    I bought mine new for $45-$50. That did not include a turner. Does the one on craigslist include a turner?

Dorothy

4. dehave

dehave Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2008
    Do you like it? Does it maintain your temps and humidity well? BTW, I just looked it up on GFQ and it sells for $47.98 so I'm thinking this person is trying to pull one over or they gave me the wrong model number.

5. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Well its my first time incubating and tomorrow is day 18. So far I have had constant same temps, with NO spikes. Humidity is easily maintained, so I have not had any problems with any of that if it helps.

6. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Quote:I'd ask them if it comes with the egg turner for the price they are asking. I have the Hova 1583, and if I remember right, the turner was about $40.00 itself.

Dawn

7. My Little Sister's Farm

My Little Sister's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    Forest Grove, Oregon
    I had one and I am so glad I got rid of it. I jumped at a chance to get a sportsman cabinet incubator/hatcher for $125 on CL and sold my hovobator in a heartbeat. They aren't the best and I would only get 30-50% hatch on even 100% fertility (all started half finished). I don't know if you all can get them to work but I couldn't. $80 new would be a good price but probably not used.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by