Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't know why my hatch went awry

• No, the thermostat is cheap

• Other

• Total voters
I've had great hatches with my LG---after I stopped being all obsessive about every little detail! When I learned to calm down, my hatches went fine. You DO have to keep the bator in a place where the temp doesn't change much (same with ALL incubators!). I also like to hand turn because I can't see paying as much for the turner as the bator, and I like to really get to know my eggs!
lol.png

I really like my still air LG.

Last edited:
So would it be fiscally prudent to buy a LG and a turner? That is my main question. I doubt I would lose enough chicks to justify buying a Hovabator

Here hovebators and LG's cost pretty much the same. I have experience with BOTH and trust Hovabator hands down over an LG ANY DAY! I kept the LG turner in my Hovabator
big_smile.png
It works fine
tongue.png

Hiya im new to incubating eggs in a bator.. but my first purchase has been the 'king suro' incubator and I am on day 8 with my very first batch of silkie eggs, only 2 just to try it out
wink.png
I candled on day 6 and both were fertile and doing great. Anyway this incubator has been fantastic, it keeps great temp, and humidity is done by a little water pump, so if it drops the pump kicks in to bring it back up... its fantastic, basically set it up, put your eggs in, and wait 21 days, I have had nothing to worry about, check it once a day... oh and if the temp was to change the alarm would sound to inform me of a problem.. I live in England and managed to get hold of one of a man who used it once but wanted a larger one, as this didnt hold enough for his breeding stock, it hold 24 chicken eggs... I payed a bargain price £100 for it, but they are selling for around £180.. but im sure on the net you could find cheaper.. Fingers crossed my eggs hatch... but for ease of use and no stressing about the wrong temp and humidity this bator is great. Hope this helps
smile.png

I am on my second hatch with my LG. I have the auto-turner, but not the fan. My first hatch was really bad: 3 out of 16. I had done tons of research, set the thing up way early, and got everything stable before setting the eggs. No matter what I did, I was still having small temp spikes, but I think that during the day they went up higher, but I cannot be sure.

This time around, the experience has been completely different. I have maybe made two temp adjustments to the LG, but it has been virtually rock solid. The difference? I had some babies in a brooder in the same room and wanted them to have some airflow. I left my AC vents open (where I had shut them for the previous hatch). I found that the temp in the room stayed much more consistent and that the incubator has been running much more efficiently and an average of two degrees cooler! Following the advice of a few on the boards, I was under the impression that leaving the vents open would create a draft and negatively impact the hatch. So far, it's looking like the opposite for me. I'll be candling for Day 10 tomorrow, so I'll check back in to let you know the results. This hatch just feels completely different...much less stressful. If this hatch goes well, then the LG was certainly not to blame...it was my own room conditions and lack of experience.

So far, I see no issue with the machine this go 'round!

Back
Top Bottom