INCUBATOR/PPL ISSUE

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by caspaintcountry, Jan 21, 2012.

1. caspaintcountry

caspaintcountry Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2011
    Princeville
    Ok, so last year I invested in a Humidaire 21 incubator. It still had the shipping blocks, new packaging, instructions, tags, ect.....Take it home and look over the paperwork and instructions, then pull the blocks ect as instructed and plug it in to start tinkering. Problem one....turner seems to have busted teeth in the gear for it will run most of a cycle then stall... Call up Sunny Creek Farms and hatchery as I was told they deal with incubators and carry parts. I get talked into replacing the whole thing rather than just replacing the turner part that sounded like a tedious and difficult thing to do if inexsperianced. Was never told it had to be ordered and I waited 3mo + for the part. It was different, had a different wire that connected the "arms", it has two brackets that I have no idea what they are for, and instead of being wired into the power switch it plugs in on its own.... It was easy to switch out the wires that connect the "arms" and those brackets..... never used them.... Anyway my problem now is I have had eggs in it for two weeks. One tray is 1/3 of the way full. I went to add the second tray, full, and now the turner won't make a full cycle!! So now these eggs set going to waste, well prolly get ate. Anyway, called the guy at Sunny Creek and he says""" it's new, shouldn't have any problem, it came from the factory, read your instructions, watch unbalancing, I've heard that those motors are under powered""""........ bla bla bla........My question is, Really, unbalanced?? I've ran a 1/3 tray for 2 wks.... Plus this second tray was full! How is it unbalanced??? Any ideas??

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I hate reading stories like this. You must be related to me somehow.

3. srpaint

srpaint Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Illinois
    Bumping this up to try and help get an answer

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by