1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator Question: How do you.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by groominginla, Feb 21, 2011.

1. groominginla

groominginla Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    Bogalusa, LA
    hide a brand new bator that you bought and weren't supposed to buy because DH said no more bators.....[​IMG]. I really really needed an extra. Especially since I am picking up eggs (BCM, Cuckoo Marans and Call Ducks) next monday that he doesn't know about. I am hoping to hatch them in the new, hidden bator and slip them in with the others in the brooder....hope he can't tell ducklings from chicks...lol.

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Ok...Here's the story....A friend from work gave it to you to hatch some chicken eggs for her....then when they hatch and are ducks instead the same "friend" decided she doesn't want them because they are ducks and decides to give you the incubator and the ducks for all your hard work. [​IMG]

3. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    [​IMG] LOL I have a better question... how do you hide the new pen and coop you are building because you REALLY need another one? [​IMG]

4. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Ok....Here's the story.... [​IMG] nevermind I give up.

5. ChickyChickyBaby

ChickyChickyBaby Barefoot Bantams

I have no clue! [​IMG]

Of course my DH doesn't notice things when I first do them......sometimes it takes him a few days. Then he usually just huffs & puffs & shakes his head. Sometimes there's a little eyerolling in there. [​IMG]

He has been trying to put his foot down about more chickens. He does not want me going anywhere and buying chickens, BUT he doesn't mind if I get eggs to put in the incubator. [​IMG]

6. tay_boe

tay_boe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Well I'm trying to figure out the same darn things! We are building 6 more pens and these will be breeding pens yay! But I think he will go into cardiac arrest when he eesbator #4. I'm thinking about putting a tablecloth on the table I have the 3 bators on and hiding the 4th underneath. Do ya think it will work?

7. groominginla

groominginla Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2011
    Bogalusa, LA
    Geez...and I thought i was the only chicken sneak....the rabbits i acquire he never notices because he never goes to the rabbit barn, but i can't put the bator out there...temp isn't stable enough. Our renter is moving out...so maybe i'll hide it in the guest house...lol.

8. andalusn

andalusn Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Ridgefield, WA
    I go with out in plain sight. Sitting right next to the other ones..full of course. He won't know if you have always had 3 or 4, they all look alike ... right [​IMG] I bought a Brinsea ECO 20 and set it up.. after about 2 weeks husband asked if that was new. I said yep. It's the one I always wanted.... after a few min he wanted to know "how much did that one cost me?" He got a stink eye and no answer... cost him, who's he kidding? I don't sit at a 8 hour a day job 5 days a week for nothing.... After 31 [​IMG] years you'd think he would know better than to even ask.

9. tay_boe

tay_boe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2010
    Ha ha I love that idea hey maybe I can leave a full bator at the neighbors or my parents??

10. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    when he sees them just say "Oops?"...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by