INCUBATOR QUIT

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rufflemyfeathers, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Rufflemyfeathers

Rufflemyfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2008
    Astatula Florida
    MY STILL AIR ONE DIED AND HAD EGGS IN IT SO MOVED THEM OVER TO MY OTHER INCUBATOR THAT WAS HEATING UP FOR ME TO PUT THE TURKEY IN TO HATCH FIRST OF WEEK..I HAVE 10 BLACK AUS EGGS IN STILL AIR TOO..TEMP HAD DROPPED DOWN TO 83 DEGREE.

I HURRIED UP TO TRACTOR SUPPLY AND BOUGHT ME A NEW ONE AND THANK GOODNESS THEY HAD ONE CAUSE THEY ONLY HAD TWO LEFT.. ALSO I HAVE SILKIE EGGS COMING MIDDLE NEXT WEEK..SO NOW I AM WORKING ON GETTING IT HEATED UP FOR SATURDAY NITE TO PUT TURK IN IT INSTEAD....ARE YOU GUYS CONFUSED YET?? [​IMG]

I AM SAFE NOW BUT I WOULD SAY A PERSON SHOULD ALWAYS A BACKUP INCUBATOR CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW.

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Boy! I'm sure that was intense! [​IMG]

Glad it all worked out in the end though. [​IMG]

3. Grampa with chickens

Grampa with chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Brooksville, Florida
    Wow! Glad you had a backup. I had built a bigger bator after the success I had with my little one and am using it as a hatcher. Luck was with me as I never gave a thought that a bator could quit.(His is a good idea for everybody. Get two bators one for incubating and a backup just in case.

Glad everything is OK.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by