Incubator Recommendations

Fanci Feathers Marans

Chicken Tender
Jun 26, 2017
Missouri
I want to get a new incubator. Preferably a tabletop model with 40 egg capacity and auto turner. I would also like to get a fancier one with digital display but I'm not sure if they are any more accurate than analog.
Recommend me some bator! I want a good one.

I have a The Farm Innovators Digital Pro Series Circulated Air Incubator from TSC and have been very happy with it. I also have a Costway Digital Egg Incubator Hatcher for 48 Eggs that I am less impressed with. The farm innovators does a great job, I just need to add a sponge for moisture when actual piping starts. The costway has annoying alarms I haven't figured out out how to adjust quite right. I also go low on humidity at night and high during the day... No clue why it is not stable humidity. Also the lack of insulation to the plastic made me concerned so I have the bottom part still in the shipping Styrofoam for insulation... I have my first batch in there now so we will see what the hatch rate is.

I have a The Farm Innovators Digital Pro Series Circulated Air Incubator from TSC and have been very happy with it. I also have a Costway Digital Egg Incubator Hatcher for 48 Eggs that I am less impressed with. The farm innovators does a great job, I just need to add a sponge for moisture when actual piping starts. The costway has annoying alarms I haven't figured out out how to adjust quite right. I also go low on humidity at night and high during the day... No clue why it is not stable humidity. Also the lack of insulation to the plastic made me concerned so I have the bottom part still in the shipping Styrofoam for insulation... I have my first batch in there now so we will see what the hatch rate is.
Thanks for the response!
That first one you mentioned is actually the one I want to replace. I have just had an awful time with it this year. I think there were three hatches where I just had one chick hatch out of a dozen. The temp gauge is off (which I hear is no small wonder. Most of them are) but when I stick a baby thermometer in the air holes, I get different readings. I know one is closer to the fan, but still...
Maybe I need incubator operating tips, too. ^_^ My first couple hatches out of it did marvelous. Chicks pipped and we could sit there and wait for them to hatch, they came out so quick. Now, a couple years later, it's failing.

Sorry for the long post. Here's some chick.
images (10).jpeg

I have an Brinsea Octagon advance EX with humidity pump. Works well, is totally reliable and set & forget. I’ve had it 5/6 years now and it’s never skipped a beat. Often it has been on for months at a time only turned off for cleaning before more eggs are set. Unfortunately Brinsea don’t make this model anymore but they do have a new range out which I have read good reviews about.
20389A50-2A74-4E6D-9748-844D4CB0414F.jpeg

Have you checked out the review section?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/reviews/category/egg-incubators.9/

Back
Top Bottom